Popular Sights and places to visit
in and around St. Martin bei Lofer
Situated in a hamlet of the same name, the much-visited pilgrimage church of Maria Kirchental - also sometimes called the “Pinzgauer Dom” – is listed for preservation.
Ruined fortification Pass Strub
The scene of many a battle, this ruined castle in Lofer stands close to the Tyrolean border.
Kalchofengut in Unken
Converted into a local history museum in the 1980s, this building was originally a 16th century farmhouse.
Weissbach Nature Park
Discover a world of fascinating flora and fauna and enjoy a range of natural attractions - everything from wild herb trails to exciting torchlit walks.
Other places worth visiting around St. Martin:
- Rupertus Therme family spa complex in Bad Reichenhall
- Kaprun high-altitude reservoirs
- Leogang mining museum and visitor mine
- Schloss Riten local history museum in Saalfelden
- Familienland Pillersee
- Familienland Pillersee amusement park
- Felberturm local history museum in Mittersill
- Krimmler waterfalls and the WunderWasserWelt interactive experience